Mang Eddie's Charter
- Mr. Eddie Cacho with his 28 kilogram
- or 61.60 lbs Giant Trevally
- Fishing charters are available at Bolinao,
Pangasinan through Mr. Eddie Cacho, the best fishing guide in the
- Big game fishing and bottom fishing is available.
- Mr. Cacho is familiar with known wreck
- Game fish available in the area depending on the
season are Sailfish, Giant Trevally (Talakitok), Wahoo, Narrow-barred Mackerel
(Tanguigue), Dolphinfish (Dorado)
- The boat owned by Mr. Cacho is a 8 meter (24 feet)
local boat known as a "banca" which has outriggers on both sides of the boat and
powered by a two-stroke 16 horsepower single engine.
- The boat is about two and a half feet wide and can
accommodate two passengers only.
- It has no roof or shade whatsoever and only a slab
of wood is used as a chair.
- I recommend bringing your own meals (you are expected to provide the meal
for the fishing guide), life vest, umbrella or full length clothing for
protection against the elements (long-sleeve t-shirt with hood & water-proof
jacket or poncho), portable urinal, portable seats not more than
2 & 1/2 feet wide and an ice box.
- I would also recommend bringing a hands-free radio
transmitter because it is nearly impossible to communicate with the bangkero
while the engine is running.
- Mr. Cacho is fluent only in the Filipino language
and an interpreter is needed for a foreign visitor.
- Two rod holders and two gaffs are provided by Mr.
- Mr. Eddie Cacho comes highly recommended by me and other Sportsfisherman
- Please reserve and check weather & water
conditions with Mr. Cacho at least two days before and the night before your
scheduled trip to avoid unscheduled cancellation of fishing trips due to bad
Do you need more information
about Sportfishing in the Philippines?
- Call 1-800-ASK-KEEN
my extension is: 067559
- (For US & Canadian residents only,
Charges will apply)
At Bolinao Pangasinan